HEA Professional Standards Framework Video
This video explains more about the Professional Standards Framework that supports the work of the HEA. The framework identifies the diverse range of teaching and support roles and environments. These are reflected and are expressed in the Dimensions of Professional Practice. The PSF clearly outlines the Dimensions of Professional Practice with HE teaching and learning support as:
- areas of activity undertaken by teachers and support staff
- core knowledge needed to carry out those activities at the appropriate level
- professional values that individuals performing these activities should exemplify.
By aligning your practice to the PSF you show that you are committed to improving the quality of your teaching and supporting of learning to enhance the learning experience of your students. A comprehensive framework and guidelines for everyone involved in teaching and supporting learning in HE, it can be applied to personal development programmes at individual or institutional level to improve teaching quality.
Depending on your role, you may find the PSF useful for:
- identifying what skills you need to develop and enhance your practice and progress your career
- applying for HEA Fellowship – an internationally valued badge of professional recognition